Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The Beauty in Oatmeal

Oatmeal has a lot of benefits. When I was a child oatmeal was disgusting and I avoided it at all cost. Trying to eat a bowl of oatmeal was utter and cruel punishment. It made me cry and cry. It wasn't till I was pregnant with my first child that oatmeal became my craving. Out of all cravings I could get it had to be oatmeal. For breakfast, lunch, and dinner even for snack it was oatmeal. Couldn't get enough of it. What I didn't know is how healthy and beneficial oatmeal really is!

Here are the great benefits to oatmeal:


1- Oatmeal is a very cheap food and anyone can afford to buy it.

2-It provide a high level of protein, fiber, and it is very low in fat. I remember I gain only few pound during my 3 pregnancies.

3-It can reduce the risk of diabetes. It contains high level of magnesium, and it's a complex carbohydrate.

4-Oatmeal contain beta-glucan that helps to lower the bad cholesterol and reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.

5-Great for weight loss. It is high in fiber so it can keep you full longer till your next meal and 1 serving is only around 150 calories.

6-It is gluten free which is great for people with celiac disease and anyone with gluten sensitivity.

7- Oatmeal is also an excellent product for the skin. It can reduce acne and it is an amazing beauty enhancer. Oatmeal can  prolong the youthfulness of the skin and reduce inflation that leads to premature aging. Oatmeal baths can exfoliate, soften and reduce itchiness.

Oatmeal has many uses from your head to your toes.

Here is my favorite body scrub:

1/2 cup ground oat (just use a blender)
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon warm milk- and coconut oil. 

Just mix it all together and secure it in a jar. Use before taking shower.

Also I have a few oatmeal breakfast recipes that I'll share in my next post.

If you know of any other benefits of oatmeal, please share.
Now I love my oatmeal! Always and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment